A wet few days in the jungle!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » East » Misahualli
June 16th 2008
Published: June 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, who would of thought, rain in the rainforest! We got absolutely soaked during our three night, two day stay near Misahualli in the Amazon jungle. We still made the most of the experience and were pleased for the wellies and poncho´s we were given when we arrived. I still managed to get covered in mud though and am not sure if my clothes will recover. We saw a few animals and bugs that were silly enough to come our from hiding but sadly the monkey´s still eluded me (although there are a gang which live in the town).

We enjoyed hikes through a secondary and primary rain forest as well as a motorised canoe ride along the Napo river. Luckily our guide didn´t tell us until afterwards that a man was killed last week by a huge anaconda! We didn´t see any as the local shamen have put chilli powder in the water to scare it away and I am sure that works!! We stopped at a local indigenious community and tried the local drink Chicha. It was quite nice actually. Thankfully the lady made it with sweet potato juice and not from her own saliva. We were all thankful! Up early tomorrow for a long drive to Banos. Looking forward to cooler temperatures and hopefully some free time to enjoy the thermal baths which Banos is famous for.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb