Cotopaxi


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Cotopaxi
December 21st 2010
Published: December 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We set out in the clear morning making a few stops along the way to get used to the altitude and to have some coca tea, buy gloves and see the Cotopaxi National Park displays. Arriving at the carpark we set off up the side of the volcano toward the refugio. The landscape is beautiful, snow capped peaks and all that but Wayne is not enjoying the altitude and then it begins to snow. Beautiful little balls of snow. The refugio appears and then disappears in the clouds as we climb. Hot chocolate, a glorious view (when it can be seen through the snow or clouds) and great conversation whilst Tasha and Nic braved the cold some more to reach the glacier. After lunch and a much quicker and easier walk back down to the car park, albeit through pelting snow and what felt like an attack from Pikachu or some other electric type pokemon (static electricity or some such thing made the storm electrical - hair standing on end, zapped by anything we touched and every piece of snow zapping us where it landed) we found the van with the bikes covered in snow so we drove a little down the road until it was no longer snowing, jumped on the bikes and burled down the rest of the slope like mad. So much fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb