Ecuador - Banos - Waterfalls / Mountain Biking / Thermals


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Baños
December 15th 2009
Published: December 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Diablo meets Steve Irwin 53 secs

1 additional video(s) currently being processed
Dec 15 - Banos

- So we started the day at 8.30am had some breaky and headed for the bike shop. We hired 3 mountain bikes and started riding to the various Cascada´s (waterfalls).

- First stopped at Cascada de Agoyan which was just before we went through a tunnel which I rode into Alice and nearly fell off. They said that most accidents happen in the tunnel as its black but I reckon its before as you work out what should you do walk or ride lol...

- Next stop Cascada Manto de la Novia - absolutely amazing. We cabled across into the mouth of the waterfall where there was a retreat type hostel you could stay in. Really beautiful. Dani and I walked right down to we the water was crashing into the base on the waterfall - very wet. Awesome.

- Next stop Cascada Pailon del Diablo - best thing we have done so far - absolutely huge waterfall (check out the video). Massive hike down into the canyon to where the waterfall was. Huge - climbing through a cave cut out of the side of the cliff to get right behind the waterfall - amazing, amazing, absolutely amazing.

- We rode 17kms in all not too bad exercise - gotta lose those chins and we all need work before Machu Picchu????


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb