Country #4: Colombia


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia
July 20th 2006
Published: July 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

We haven´t been doing too many noteworthy things in the past few days, mostly just riding in buses, but we just had to write in the blog because we´ve made it to Colombia. We crossed the border earlier today after a 5 hour bus ride from Quito, Ecuador, and we´re still very near to the border. We won´t really get to see much of the country of Colombia, but we´ve got the passport stamp!! We will start heading toward the beaches of northern Peru tomorrow probably, and cross the equator (maybe stop and take some pictures, though we already crossed it once). I´ve heard some interesting things about the equator, like the water flows straight down when you flush, and that you can balance an egg on a nail, and that you feel more tired there for some reason... which is hard to determine in Quito, since it´s up pretty high. Anyway, we´ll try to get back to you on those items.

Only a week left of our great adventure now... it´s gone by quickly, but we´ve had a lot of memorable experiences and lots of fun. We´ll see you all soon now!!!

Love, Mariel and Ben

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb