A bloggie blog


Advertisement
South America » Colombia » Pasto
November 29th 2014
Published: November 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The last two blogs have been less about my actual travels, instead focusing on various social facets you might encounter while on the road. But I like to mix things up a little, and in the end this is a travelblog, in fact this is theTravelBlog, so I feel I should write about my actual trip every once in a while too. So here is my 'bloggie blog' post as I like to call it. T'is a tale about my las... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

PastoPasto
Pasto

Centre
PastoPasto
Pasto

Relaxing at the square
PastoPasto
Pasto

Street



30th November 2014

Awesome
I love this blog....the way you viewed it through your clothing's "eyes". And, of course all you meet are the Dutch. Yall are awesome and adventurous people. That's why I love you :) Happy travels. xxx
30th November 2014

Muchas gracias senorita
Glad you liked it and the Dutch too. My clothes also say thank you...
30th November 2014

The walks look amazing. Love the scenery. They seem to have it all, green pastures, tropical jungles, barren mountains, inviting waterfalls with pools and apparently the Dutch!
1st December 2014

Don't forget the beaches...
They have them too... both white sandy beaches and black sandy beaches
30th November 2014
Tierradentro

The Indomitable Dutch!
Must admit I love the Dutch, having spent several summers with friends in A'dam and having met them everywhere traveling. And many, like you and I, have that wise sentiment of not being wasteful. I buy only second-hand everything, so the clothes I started with four years ago, were already a bit used. Now, my silk blouses have become hankies, and my pants are a tapestry of patches. You're a man with a sewing kit--too good to be true. Mocoa and Pasto weren't in my LP Shoestringer--excellent recommendations! No wonder the Dutch (you) are there!
1st December 2014
Tierradentro

Sewing kit
Wouldn't travel without it!! That and toilet paper ;) Oh and good old duct tape, you should see my rain poncho it is held together with it!
1st December 2014

A stitch in time saves nine
It is better to spend a little time now to deal with problems rather than wait until it's too late as things could get worse. Who could have foretold this proverb would apply to your shorts? The Dutch perchance? Great blog as always Ralf...continue to enjoy your wanderings. Great carvings in stone too!
2nd December 2014

How about nine stitches?
I just repaired one my t-shirts yesterday... Together with all the other stitching I have done, I must be at nine already on this trip alone ;)
3rd December 2014

Oh how I envy thee...
To be in Colombia again would be so great! I've been there 3 times already and still haven't seen everything, which I'm planning a 4th mid next year. Glad to see everything is going good for you there and enjoying Colombia so far!! Sorry about the shorts man lol that actually happened to me also I had a pair of cargo shorts for 3 1/2 years I just couldn't part with...until they parted with me lol ...anyways keep up the great blogs and buen Viaje manito!
4th December 2014

Thanks
No reason to envy me if you have been 3 times already and planning a 4th time ;)
3rd December 2014

The Dutch are traveling
Since you were looking for some quiet time we hope you enjoyed the hammocks in Mocoa. Travelers become so fiercely practical and talented. My husband does the sewing in our family and I applaud his abilities! A quality I find very attractive. We have met so many Dutch people in our travels that we've had long discussions, seriously longer than you might imagine about how the Dutch have so much time and money to travel. It does not matter whether you in a crowded modern city or a back water town no where you'll run into the Dutch. We laugh and often ask if there is anyone left in the country? By the way, how much time does the average Dutch person get off work each year? I'm sure it is more than the two weeks Americans get. Just checking. Happy travels. Loved the blog.
4th December 2014

Too many Dutch in Holland
Since we are so many in such a tiny country, it is the law that at least 10 percent of the population should be out of the country at any given time, that means roughly 1.7 million people on the road... Nah, just kidding ;) We just like travelling I guess, it is in our culture so to speak. While we get more holidays than the average American, we don't get more holidays than the average European (I think the average in the EU is around 34 days a year, in Holland it is 28 days). I think more people just take time off work, unpaid leave, or between jobs, or after university and before starting work, so it looks like we have a lot of holidays.
4th December 2014

Envious...
That you are there NOW and I'm in this -9 c weather lol...enjoy brother!! Hope it gives you the magical feeling as it did to me :)
8th December 2014
Mocoa

Such a great day at the fin del mundo !!! :-D
Tried to write you an email, but it hasnĀ“t worked... we are now in Equador aswell, enjoying another amazonian scenery here :-) Greets from Michael and Jenny
8th December 2014
Mocoa

Yes it was!
Hmmm... Wonder what went wrong with the email. I will see if I can email you. Enjoy Ecuador!
9th December 2014

Picture of the Shorts
His Dudeness... would have loved to see a picture of the torn up shorts....preferably with you still wearing em. Hope the rest of your belongings won't give up on you .... Cheers!
9th December 2014

Sorry no pictures of them
Nobody took any pictures of me and my torn-up shorts, or if they did, they didn't tell me about it and are now slavering over it at home... We will see if the rest makes it home with me. There is definitely one t-shirt which will soon be falling off my back, the question is not if, but when. And another one is going the same way and will even if it makes it home, probably have to be tossed out. Luckily I have plenty of old t-shirts at home for my next backpacking trip, just waiting for me to use and abuse them.

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb