Pueblito Paisa


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Medellin
October 9th 2006
Published: October 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Finally I got to see it. The famous Pueblito Paisa. And I must hand it to the people who advertise it as if it were the best thing in Medellin, it is one of the nicest places to visit indeed. It is basically what the name anticipates: a miniature of a typical Colombian village. It is tiny and beautiful, it has a small church, a tiny city hall,the mayerºs house, an ancient barberºs shop,an old school, which is actually only a classroom with desks,an old board from the ancient times when they still used chalk to write, the town square and small tiendas selling souvenirs for the tourists. You can see the women cooking outside traditional paisa dishes, such as natilla, gelatina de pata, which are ¨postres¨-traditional dessert...
Pueblito Paisa is on the top of a hill, so you can enjoy the spectacular view over Medellin. Itºs like a museum in open air and everything has been beautifully preserved. The people are really nice, a women stirring in a huge pot this natilla stuff allowed me to take a picture stirring it myself.
Enjoy the pictures and if you are in the nearby area, stop by and have a look! It will surely captivate you! Have a stoll and soak up the local atmosphere and the smell of ancient, lovely Colombian culture!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

old classroomold classroom
old classroom

with ancient board, still using chalk to write .
padiopadio
padio

small inside garden
colourful, hand-made peasantcolourful, hand-made peasant
colourful, hand-made peasant

used to decorate the house walls
woman making gelatina de patawoman making gelatina de pata
woman making gelatina de pata

traditional ¨postre¨
souvenirssouvenirs
souvenirs

cheap, and beautiful. If you donºt leave with a bagful, youºve wasted your time. Great gifts for back home.


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb