the most beautiful women in Columbia!!!


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Medellin
August 21st 2006
Published: August 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

16th August- 21st August

Concreted on every man´s mind as you travel through Colombia...Medellin, said to have the most beautiful women in Colombia! it certainly did not dissapoint!!!! the women here are slim, big busted, fair or tanned...no doubt many of them had gone under the knife! There was definitely plenty of eye candy everywhere!

Medellin itself was a beautiful city, surrounded by blowing mountains. We stayed near the heart of the Zona Rosa region, where all the clubs and bars were. Our hostel, called Casa Kiwi, was also the first time that i had ever come across a place filled completely with guys, except for the cleaner and the receptionist working there! so it was a big fraternity party each night. We would drink, joke, watch TV, and then head out to party each night! Quite often we ended up in a place called BLUE, playing what they call mix-over (which means that they change music styles from pop to salsa, to rock, to trance! it was great!). Also partied in Republica and Mangoes (a strange place with a cowboy theme, and dwarfs dancing on podium as you enter!!! bizzare!!). Medellin is largely a university town, so being there for a long weekend meant big time partying!! my poor liver, and my ageing ulcer!

Medellin was also a time to say goodbye to my good friend Alex Thomas, the big black guy that i had met and travelled with for 1.5 months after BA and after catching up for another week in Columbia, it was time for another one to hit the dust ...and fly back home!

Although i was there for almost a week, culture was almost entirely thrown out the window! Visited The Antiquia museum which had a further collection of Fernando Botero´s work from his earlier days (he was born in Medellin), and a large collection of his sculptures. It also housed alot of local artists and colonial art!
We visited pablo Escobar´s grave- the largest exporter of coccaine in Colombia, he was based in Medellin. He even became an important political figure and gave alot to the community in building its schools and univeristies and restored its churches! being the primary figure of the Cartel leaders, he was hunted down by the local government and the US FBI, finally shot down in medellin after almost a year of searching!

I ended
partying with locals in Blue nightclubpartying with locals in Blue nightclubpartying with locals in Blue nightclub

this was one of my fav local haunts!
my week in Medellin attending a soccer match between Deportiva Independiente (from Medellin) VS Quindio (from Armenia). The local Medellin team won 2-0. The vibe was great, but nothing compared to the matches of BA. It would have been great sitting behind the goals where the hard core fans were sitting, but possibilities of being stabbed didn´t go down well with my friends!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Medellin vs Armenia football matchMedellin vs Armenia football match
Medellin vs Armenia football match

you can feel the fever of the crowds


28th August 2006

Photo of us
(laughing) -- that's a great shot of one luck chick. Travel on //craig
1st September 2006

Hey! I'm glad to see you're enjoying Colombia and especially Medellin.... I'm from there so I know what an AWESOME and beautiful city it is ;) It's good to see how more people from outside are visiting Medellin. I hope it was worth it and you leave with tons of good memories and wanting to come back

Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 25; qc: 143; dbt: 0.0954s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb