Medellin


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Medellin
November 17th 2010
Published: November 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Medellin, here we are. I set off with Samantha and Mathius to come here. The bus trip was eight and a half hours and smooth sailing. We arrived very early in the morning and headed straight for the hostel, casa kiwi. It is beautiful and really chilled out.

It has been pretty sad to leave Cali and the amazing people there, but hey that's travel. Sam, Mathius and I spent the day eating good food and sleeping. We went for a little wander in the afternoon and my gosh is this a rich city. High rise buildings to match the women in high heels everywhere. I felt rather daggy surrounded by the height of fashion and the expensive boutique clothing stores that line the streets. We had an early night and woke up fresh this morning.

After a lazy breakfast and some research we headed off to the city. It is very beautiful. We ate a massive lunch and then Sam wanted to look at museums while Matius and I felt like walking back through the city. The walk was really interesting and the amount of shops catering for cars was astonishing. They are everywhere. Hundreds. And awesome cars litter the streets too. We evenually got caught in the rain and had to catch a cab for the last bit. I am a little afraid that my time in Colombia is going to be rain rain and more rain.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb