Colombian Coffee tour


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Medellin
July 6th 2018
Published: July 6th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today we visited the Lijuana coffee farm in the hills of Medellín. The history of coffee was overwhelming but my brain started to frazzle after a while, especially trying to concentrate in Spanish. Our father and son combo tour guides were a great laugh though, and clearly passionate about Colombian coffee being the best in the world. We then went to processing factory and sporting some trendy hair nets and white coats, went through the taste testing.

Facts of the day:

- Coffee was first discovered in Ethiopia by a farmer who’s goats started acting crazy when they chewed on the coffee fruits. I knew how they felt.

- First coffee crop in the Middle East was in Mocha, Yemen, where mocha coffee term derives.

- The first and most famous coffee in London was Lloyds, and is where the bank was created.

- There are 2 mains varieties of coffee; Robusta and Arabica. Colombia only produce Arabica and have a longer harvest than any other coffee making it the best in the world.

Dinner tonight at the renowned Oci restaurant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb