La Mesa Colombia (hour from Bogotá)


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Cundinamarca
May 12th 2011
Published: May 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

mood


La Mesa is a great little chill out spot around an hour from Bogotá. For those of you who have a few days to spare and are bored with the city this is nice alternative.

getting there


You can take a bus from the portal (80)ochenta, just stand along the side of the road that the bus terminal and mall are on and keep an eye and an ear out for a bus that says 'la Mesa, Anapoima'. If your Spanish is a bit rusty be prepared to pay at minimum what they are asking, if not you can try to haggle the price down a bit. Last time I went it cost around $20,000 but that was to Anapoima which is a bit further so it should be a bit cheaper. If you feel like you are getting ripped off don't be afraid to wait for another bus (there is always one not far behind). Depending on when you go, getting there can be a lot easier than getting back; if your trip falls on a public holiday it is a good idea to buy your return ticket early because they do sell out!

Once in la mesa there are a few decent attractions. I know that a lot of people who are travelling through SA are real adventurers, so bare in mind that I have dubbed this a chill out spot!

attractions and accommodation


There is a summer camp type park called 'Ecoparque MACADAMIA EXTREM' I haven't been but it doesn't look too bad just to pass the time and have an innocent laugh. They have high ropes through the tree tops, flying fox etc.. they also have pretty cheap accommodation.
website http://www.macadamiaextrem.com/es/macadamia-extrem.html

Another option is 'Loma Linda' a nice little retreat, they have a great pool, nice for chilling with a few beers and some good friends, old or new! there is also a 'tejo' court
what the hell is tejo? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tejo_(sport)
you really can't leave Colombia wihout playing tejo!

Doña Dilma is the owner of Loma Linda and is pretty easy going and is willing to pick you up in la Mesa.
website http://www.fincaloli.com/
Last time I was there it was $35,000 per person per night including an awesome breakfast and access to all facilities, there is also the option to camp for $25,000 but taking camping gear on the bus just isn't fun....

more details


There are a few other places that I have forgotten the names of but will update next time I'm out that way.













Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb