hot sexy SALSA


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Cali
August 7th 2006
Published: August 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

4th August- 7th August

CALI...possibly the world´s capital of salsa!!! as soon as i step off the bus i feel the humidity of the place...a warmth that ive been longing throughout my cold adventures through Bolivia, Peru and Ecuador!
We stayed at hostel Iguana- run by a friendly swiss guy who fell in love with a Columbian woman and decided to spend the rest of his life in this tropical wonderland! rumoured to have the best looking women in Columbia, it was not surprising to find our hostel filled with guys!

The city itself was nothing special. sightseeing was completed in one day- nice churches and parks. nothing much to write about it! Though of special note was the impressive zoo- the biggest in columbia, it had a huge collection, and many animals that i had never set eye on!

The nightlife a little disappointing due to the President been sworn in on the same weekend- so the long weekend resulted in everyone leaving the city and the clubs left deserted for our disappointed hopes! one story must be mentioned...am sure this nameless engligh guy won´t mind me mentioning this! he scored a girl on the dance floor which he was pashing all night, and upon whisking his hands upon both her plastic, firm breasts, he questions ¨are u a man¨, to which he was mortified to have a ´yes for an answer...so the rest of the night we helped him drown his shame with a bottle of rum!

On possibly one of the most dangerous days to be travelling, we catch a bus to San Cipriano...on one of the most dangerous roads in Columbia, said ro be heavy with guerilla activity! yes...i like to take risks! but don´t worry mum, along the way, it was filled with police patrolling...so at no point did i feel at danger!
San Cipriano- a jungle filled with lagoons and running rivers, with no road access, just a set of rail tracks leading into its interior. so the locals have developed these ingeuous methods of transport whereby motorbike-powered carts holding passengers zoomed across these tracks ro the next destination! that was worth the journey in itself! The jungle village was filled with the darker variety of the columians, with their beautiful white smiles in cotrast to their skin colour! travelling the day with an australian named Justin (who just happens to be a radiographer in Sutherland hospital in Sydney and knows some of my friends!), we swam through the crystal lagoons, jumped from 13metre point, and generally chilled all day!
getting back just in time to get the bus to Bogata! - the capital of Columbia!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

the oldest church in calithe oldest church in cali
the oldest church in cali

set upon the modern backdrop
san Ciprianisan Cipriani
san Cipriani

the crazy local method of transport into the jungle!


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb