Monday August 6th Journey


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Bogota
August 7th 2012
Published: August 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

SecuritySecuritySecurity

Our Security Team!
Monday was a very busy day. We visited with 8 farms.

We started our day with one of our Rose farms who reports having an excellent summer due to such high demand.

We then visited one of our Gerbera farms who has expanded the greenhouses and added more production. They are also in the process of changing packaging to assure the highest quaility delivered to our customers.

We then stopped at our Alsto farm who had great news. They will be introducing a Lavender variety in the late fall. Their production is great and they are excited to be a part of the Florist buying Club supply chain.

We also stopped and visited one of our prime carnation growers. They are reporting strong production and forcast at this point is good for fall colors.

We also visited two new potential growers. While we have very high quality standards, not all visits will result in doing business. I can say one of the operations was very impressive and we will re-visit with them before the trip is over.

I must appologoze for the lack of pictures, I had the camera set up on the wrong setting
alstroalstroalstro

Alstro Packing House
so only a few saved properly.

Tuesday is a travel day. Our team will spend the morning in meetings and then the afternoon traveling to Medellin.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

carns grade and bunchingcarns grade and bunching
carns grade and bunching

Carnation Grading and Bunching


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb