Hola de Colombia : Ellis


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Bogota
December 23rd 2009
Published: December 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hola Todos! Hello everyone, as you can see im alive and have already joined Coombian society and am well respected in the Community. Yesterday i arrived at 8:30 and got driven to my hostel, built from the remains of two or three old buildings in the colonial district. I went to bed late after talking to some of the others there, a swede, an 2 ausis, and a guy from utah who definitly has a drinking problem. As he told me of the sum odd 45 countries he has visited he treated be to a third of his bottte of aguargiente, melo gusta mucho. After waking up i decided, since i didnt have money, to try and get to the bus station without it...i failed. after 2hrs of getting lost, walking through some sketchy areas, and talking to multiple soldiers with semi- automatic weapons at the ready i decided to just go get money from an ATM and get a taxi. Once there i found out, throuhg some confused glances and my spotty spanish comprehension that you cant buy tickets a day early, or even a second before the ride, apparently this was a crazy concept to them. you cannot believe how beatiful it is, imagine a huge city surrounded by clifs and mountains. after my trek i chatted with a pretty woman in a cell phone store (which are located on every corner) she helped me through buying a phone and yes, everyone, she did find me sexy. i took a bus back to the center city and started eating everything, i tried some mangos, (not the shit you get at home but these were incredible.) i tried a few things that i cannot decribe if not to say that one fruit i tried had to be the best ive ever had, it was green with spikes and was about the size of a papaya. i ate deep fried pig skin, some kind of bread with chicken baked in, and i assure you i won´t be stopping soon. On my way to where i sit here a man approached me dressed in a green suit, flashed me his id and insisted he was some kind of tourist cop, he said something about drugs, and made a motion towards his nose which i took as snorting. This reminded me of the scams i read about so i got nervous and got out quick. now im going back to the hostel cause im tired, im thinking i will go to monseratte tonight to get a view of the city at night from the surrounding mountains.
PS im leaving out a LOT, but it would be rediculous to write everything. -photos will be coming soon, PCE

Advertisement



24th December 2009

wow, sounds amazing so far dan! glad to see you're having a good time and eating alot of the native food... it seems like its a beautiful city, can't wait to see pics. also, good job not listening to the crazy man in the green suit..so proud of you! :) haha
24th December 2009

ahh.. i actually laughed out loud and gasped (out loud) to alot of that. im glad you're having fun!! keep enjoying it and im doing my spanish project on colombia so ill know soon more about where you are!
25th December 2009

Haha I wish a webcam followed you around on your exploits- sounds entertaining. Get some good "street portraits". Best opportunity ever

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb