i´m actually here. why did i study french in highscool? ablo espagnol?


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Bogota
November 24th 2005
Published: November 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Little Boy in Shopping PlazaLittle Boy in Shopping PlazaLittle Boy in Shopping Plaza

I don't know what people picture when they think of Colombia, but it's very pretty....kind of like queens. And the people all look like they're related!

Its not registering that i don´t have to go into work on monday. Oh....but i think it will hit me soon. I relax very easily. especially since on saturday, i´m getting aN HOUR message for only $20. OK. if i could figure out 3 things, travelling would be simplere

1. how to you get teh (at) symbol on these computers.
2. How do you not have a heart attack everytime you get in a car (already got into a fender bender...no worries though. the driver we hit just gave us a look and kept going).
3. how do you say you´re cute, can i take your picture, and then can you take me dancing. i know how to say the first part: se puesto tener uno photo y.....

Bogota is maybe twice the size of Nueva York. The mountains surrounding are green, like wheat grass or something. the city itself, looks like jamaica, with bike paths, and men that instead of yelling at you, take you two blocks out of their way to the blockbuster so you can get money out of the atm.

I WILL have pictures soon, and write something. but seeing as i
Colombian CornerColombian CornerColombian Corner

another picture i took out of the taxi. These taxi's are crazy! the only dangerous thing about colombia, we found.
haven´t emailed this blog address to anyone i think i have time to go take a nap, so i can go dancing later con mis amigos.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Nuns in colombiaNuns in colombia
Nuns in colombia

Colombia is probably more Catholic than my MOM! 90% of the population i think. They're all very respectful and polite, too. Fortunately none of that rubbed off on me.
Guys everywhere!Guys everywhere!
Guys everywhere!

I don't know why guys always wanted to be in my pictures!
My friend, E shoppingMy friend, E shopping
My friend, E shopping

We discovered early on, that shopping was a big part of our vacation. Fortunately everything's not too expensive...although colombia's economy is doing very well.
My other friend eating our $5 mealMy other friend eating our $5 meal
My other friend eating our $5 meal

For $5 we got a fresh fried fish meal, a fruity drink, a huge bowl of soup and dessert. This nice carribbean-looking man and his wife ran the restaurant.
My friends in front of the churchMy friends in front of the church
My friends in front of the church

The bad thing about having a manual camera is no-one will ever take my picture.
MotorcyclistsMotorcyclists
Motorcyclists

motorcyclists have to wear huge vests with their license number to avoid drive by's ala All the President's Men. That, and a checkpoint on the bus were the only things that reminded me of Colombia's dangerous past. Everything else was a peach compared to NYC!
Our HotelOur Hotel
Our Hotel

We stayed in this lovely business hotel. Everyone was so nice, but the bell-hops were the best.


25th November 2005

@ symbol :)
Hold the alt key - and type 064 on the numeric keypad and let go of alt. Voila. Welcome to travelblog.

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb