JULIE FACTS #2


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Barranquilla
May 31st 2016
Published: June 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Strays- The amount of stray dogs and cats here is insane. Every day I see at least ten scrawny dogs sunbathing on the sidewalk or prancing across the streets. Unlike in the states, street dogs here are very friendly and non-violent. Don't touch them though; it's very likely that they have bugs, plus if you pet them they'll follow you home and it's way too sad.

Alcohol- Beer and whiskey. Every bar and tiny fast- food joint has these two items. Almost everybody drinks these beverages regularly. If you are like me and hate both of those choices, you'll need to put a little extra work in to get your buzz on. There are plenty of places with great cocktails and liquors but you'll need to check before you head out to make sure ( I recommend the Bogota Beer Company, located in Barranquilla and other bigger cities, not just Bogota).

Soup- I grew up in a world in which soup was flavored water you ate with crackers when you where sick. Here, in this paradise called Colombia, my eyes have been opened to another way. Soup has become one of my favorite foods! There's soup with all different meats, cow fat, plantains, potatoes, corn...anything you can imagine! It's all- natural too; no faintly- glowing orange-ish chicken broth here. In Barranquilla, I strongly recommend the restaurant Mag Mondongo.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0917s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb