Colombia the only risk is wanting to stay


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Barranquilla
May 8th 2012
Published: May 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">The Only Risk is Wanting to Stay!

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">

Colombia is famous all around the world because of drugs, prostitutes, and corruption. It is also famous because of the amazing beaches, best coffee in the world, best emeralds in the world, and why not as Pit-bull says in his song International Love “ one of the most beautiful women I ever seen”. Too bad that people don’t talk about the good things of this amazing country.

I am Colombian, and a lot of times when people ask me about my citizenship and I tell them Colombian; the first reaction of most of those people is asking me about drugs, as if I sell them or so. I don’t really understand their ignorance about Colombia when they have never been there; oh wait! Is true they read newspapers and they see the news on TV about Colombia.<a name="_GoBack"></a>

American government and the American newspapers just destroy the image of Colombia; just to give an example something happened few days ago in the visit of the President Obama to Colombia; the secret service arrived to the country few days before the president, and some of the agents were taken back to America, because they were having bad conduct during those days in Colombia; the problem was that those agents were using the services of some prostitutes in Colombia. Another bad image of Colombia showed by Americans, and even worse by the secret service of The United States of America, what a joke. Great job in Colombia secret service!

Examples like the one from the secret service are the ones that call the attention of the newspapers and make the people think about Colombia as a place of prostitutes and drugs. However, I will tell one example of thousands I have from people that went to Colombia and they just ask me so many times if I am going to be in Colombia so they can go and visit me. My girlfriend went last summer with me to Colombia, we visited five different cities in only 21 days; I showed her the historical Cartagena, the beautiful beaches in Santa Marta, my city Barranquilla with its beaches and amazing people and food, those three cities where very close each ether so it was easy to move around. After the first week and a half we flew to Medellin, the city of the endless spring, with its nice people, amazing shopping malls, mountains and perfect weather. Then we drove to a place we called the coffee triangle, which is conformed by three cities but we only visit one of them Pereira, a city with amazing weather, mountains and people who receive you with open arms; we visited the coffee park and all places where best coffee in the world grows. After this amazing trip my girlfriend is already looking for the best airfare available so she can go back to Colombia and visit more places.Now, she is telling more people the truth about this amazing country, and she is inviting more people to come with us the next year.

Colombia is improving its security every year since 2004; according to “lonely planet” Colombia is one of the top 10 places for tourist. Some people know about this and that is the reason of why the tourist in Colombia has been improving every year; according to Wikipedia tourism in Colombia improved by 11%!i(MISSING)n 2010, and it keeps improving.

What I want to show you with this blog is that people in Colombia are not drug dealers or prostitutes as the American government and American newspapers show you. Yes, we do have problems, but we have them because we are normal people, and we will keep having them if people like those Americans that go to Colombia for prostitutes and/or for drugs keep doing it and telling everyone about it; or telling others that it is dangerous to go to Colombia when is not.

For those who doesn’t know about Colombia look online about it, look for pictures, videos, I encourage you to go online and find a video called “Colombia, the only risk is wanting to stay”, this will show you Colombia as it is and not as Americans think it is.

I just have one more thing to say, Colombia; the only risk is wanting to stay.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb