A small bladder can be a good thing


Advertisement
South America » Chile
January 5th 2009
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -33.7333, -70.7833Trouble sleeping as it was quite hot in the room at first, and when I finally fell asleep, the A/C really kicked in and I woke up shivering. I was up early and off to search for a laundromat - I´ve got nothing left to wear! The reception desk tried to steer me towards their expensive laundry service when I asked them yesterday, but another guy was working this mornin... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

h5h5
h5

Course #4 - Corvina (Chilean sea bass). The sea bass was good, but not great. The olive oil caramel was probably the best part, not so much for its flavour, but more for the unique texture and flavour it brought to the dish. Olive tapenade (yuck!) forms the square on the left, yellow tomato coulis is in the centre, some mushy artichokes, half a yellow tomato, a piece of shitaake mushroom, and a sliver of zucchini and carrot rounded out the dish. Though lacking in quantity, the zucchini and carrot were still welcome sights, as the Chilean diet is so lacking in fresh vegetables. The little black bits were large chunks of artisan sea salt. Overall, this dish looked better than it tasted.
h6h6
h6

Course #5 - Seared rare tuna, served with sesame foam and a sesame caramel. Again, the caramel brought a unique flavour and texture to the dish. The tuna was only OK, and it was served with an anguila (a type of fish) sauce. I thought the accompanying fish croquette (on the left) was better than the featured tuna, which didn´t have a great texture, as it was a tad mushy.
h7h7
h7

Course #6 - Lamb - On the left is leg of lamb with pancetta, served atop a bed of mashed potatoes. I can't quite remember how the other two types of lamb were prepared, but I remember some coconut and fruit flavours, and a salty crouton somewhere. The different lamb preparations were nicely done, very tender.
h8h8
h8

A bit of a pre-dessert - lemon sorbet. nice! Fruit ice, with rum ... coconut cream, beautiful!
ii
i

Dessert - Coconut, thin-sliced pineapple, lemon ice, basil sorbet. The waiter asked if I wanted a different one, because mine had slightly melted and fell apart. I really didn't care, because I wanted to taste it so badly! Contrasting, but very vibrant flavours!
i2i2
i2

Interesting - the dessert was served with a few spritzes of various liqueurs, using atomizers. I have never seen that before! Being difficult, I asked for two spritzes - Grand Marnier, and Malibu coconut rum.
i3i3
i3

Some excellent coffee rounded out the meal - and holy sugar selection! There were 8 different types in total, including an amazing powdered honey - never have I seen that before! The texture was like that of baby powder, and instantly dissolved on your tongue, leaving only the beautiful taste of honey. How do they make this? My guess - powder that the receptionist dipped her finger in, imparting it with the delicate sweetness of a beautiful senorita ... or perhaps that's just the two bottles of wine talking!
jj
j

A lovely photo to remember a lovely meal, and a lovely evening. My only regret? That the lovely restaurant receptionist never made it into the photo ... sigh ...



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb