Santi & Valparaiso


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
September 8th 2009
Published: October 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived back in Santiago after Snowboarding tired as, but our sleeping pattern is back on track thankfully. Just in time for our early start on Monday when we went back to school. They say school days are the best in your life and maybe so but returning when your older certinally isn´t!! School was only for 3 hours a day but it was solid spanish, then we had homework and study to do after so they were long days.

So Santiago was mainly work for us although we did get a few beers in too 😉 and then we moved on to Valparaiso the cultural capital of Chile.

I really wanted to do a wine tour in Chile. The main wine regions in Chile are only 1 - 2 hours outside Santiago; north and south. However the wine tour/tasting industry in Chile hasn´t been developed very much yet; tours are expensive and not really doable on a backpackers budget, or at least not easily. So the wine tours were skipped and we wandered around the city.

The buildings are cool with lots of detailed graffiti there are a few good bars and restraunts but it was too expensive for us so we mainly ate in. The food at "J Cruz " was really good. They do a dish called "Chorillana" (or something like that) its a big plate of chips topped with beef, onion and gravy, it was really really good!

Our money had been disappearing fast in Chile so we deicided to make a move north to San Pedro de Atacama on the Bolivian border.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb