Valparaiso


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
January 2nd 2009
Published: January 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

ascensoreascensoreascensore

Valparaiso
This morning we got up in time to cook eggs, Freddy went to the the small store next to the apartment to get some bread, and have tea. Marcela and I hung out at the apartment until mid afternoon (family issue) We (me, Marcela, Freddy, Uncle Danilo) finally went down to the beach for lunch and had horrible service and an ok meal. Afterwards, we came home and sat around and drank wine and told stories; I think I laughed until I cried. We went out for a walk around the neighborhoods of Valparaiso and really got to experience the steep hills. We rode the ascensore which is a wooden carriage that makes ascents to the neihborhoods high on the hills. (kind of like a trolly on that it's tracks go almost straight up) After that adventure we went out on the town to meet a childhood friend of Freddy. We went to a nice club where they played local music but later played American songs, Marcela and I tried to teach the YMCA moves alas we failed. We left for a short walk taking in the night life and then headed back for the apartment.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb