Chile


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile
January 1st 2018
Published: January 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post

28th December- 1st January 2018

After leaving Tunpungato we decided to go to Chile's capital Santiago and Valparaiso. It was a (planned)4 hours bus ride with breathtaking scenery. Unfortunately we had an extremely long delay at the border which turned the 4 hours into 7 hours bus ride.
On the 29th we used the day to explore Santiago, the beautiful park and hills in town. Santiago is a beautiful and clean town for its size.
On the 31 we went to Valparaiso which is the complet opposite of Santiago and a disappointment. Although it's UNESCO world heritage the nice sites are hard to find and we were sorry for leaving the lovely capital for this trashhold. Okey, there are some nice graffitis and a couple of pretty houses but apart from that it's the ugliest place we have been in SA so far. We know that it's a city but it seems like they don't care at all. Dog poo and trash everywhere and no sign of the good vibe which is supposed to be here. No idea what other travelers and UNESCO find in that. Valparaiso sucks! We where very happy to go back to beautiful Santiago in the evening to celebrate New year's Eve with a firework.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement






Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb