From Santiago to Algarrobo.


Advertisement
Published: July 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

DancersDancersDancers

Cueca dancers at dinner!
So its been a busy week. We moved from our hostels to Homestay, where we live with Chilean families. We moved in on Wednesday, and I got my Bip card, a Santiago transit card, and a new phone. On Friday, we took a trip from Catolica to Algarrobo, a little beach town on Chile's coast. We bonded as a group and learned about our two professors, the outgoing director and the incoming professor. I'd like to give a shout-out to Professors Fransisco Lomeli and Luis Martin-Cabrera, who worked so hard to make this all possible. Algarrobo was amazing, and we bonded and got to know each other really well. At Algarrobo, we were at a hotel where we were given a nice introduction to Chilean culture and wine, Cueca dancing and "Gato" wine. When we got back, we went to a restaurant where we watched Brazil play Spain in the Confederations Cup. Overall, it was an amazing weekend, and if it reflects anything about how the whole study abroad is going to be, it'll be awesome.

Cheers,

Conor


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

AlgarroboAlgarrobo
Algarrobo

Algarrobo, Chile. Some of the group with Professor Luis Martin-Cabrera. So excited for the next semester.


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb