Santiago


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
October 1st 2007
Published: October 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our arrival in Santiago was tops. We were greeted at the aiport by Charlie, David´s neice who took us to her house in Nuñoa for a traditional chilean lunch her mum was preparing. Sandra met us at the door with pisco sours (a local alcoholic beverage) to help ease the jet lag. Charlie advised us to have a nap that afternoon because we were going to go out in the evening. It is a good job we did because that night we were dancing to the early hours latino style.

Sunday was a quiet day on which we explored the local Plaza Nuñoa, got to grips with the local metro system and spoke some broken spanish. On Monday we went to the mall to do some shopping where Dave and Hazh bought new trainers, and Mark some jeans- this despite all our financial woes. On

Tuesday we went to the mountains surrounding the city to fit in some skiing; it was infact the last week of the Chilean ski season. Our taxi back home was a bit of a farce as we fell for a trick where the driver sneakily swapped one of our 1,000 pesos notes for a 10,000 pesos notes. Gutted. The worst part was explaining how we were fooled to Sandra and Charlie that evening at the local resturant we all ate out at.

Wednesday was a day in the city where we explored central Santiago. We ate lunch at a very europeam style cafe and went for a look around an exhibition in the city´s gallery. Thursday we went rafting on some grade 3 white water surrounding the city; for your information 2 out of 3 of us fell out of the dingy at somepoint down river.

That night us boys decided to go out to the local square for some drinks where our new spannish vocab got us an invite to an after hours gathering much to our suprise. What followed was a long lie in before setting off for Valparasio that friday afternoon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Downtown SantiagoDowntown Santiago
Downtown Santiago

Las chicos!


8th October 2007

do you guys ever stop?
Hi I don't know how you stand the pace - all this skiing, mountain biking and white water rafting - and then cludbbing on top of it all! Santiago looks like a really interesting city with very 'spanish' architecture. Have a great time. Love mum (Hazh's)

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb