Santiago - Day 4 - The Virgin Mary and views


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
March 31st 2007
Published: March 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Mary without a head...Mary without a head...Mary without a head...

but I look better than the following photos, so I decided to upload this one as well.
This was the only day that Santiago was sunny and just as well because you need a clear sunny day to view Santiago and its surroundings from the highest hill, X. We would have stayed for sunset but I had an ambitious plan for the rest of the evening, which did not realise (going to town to get some chocolate and to the exchange bureaux for Dessi to exchange some money)... All we did was get ready and go for dinner with Peter and Peter. Yep, that's right... Peter from England and Peter from Holand. We went to a Chilean restaurant for some traditional meals. It's called Ch.... The meal was lovely. I had of their Silver Metal Winner (that's how it was spelt on the menu "metal" i.e. "medal") dishes which was chorizo wrapped in salmon. Their desert was even yammier... Afterwards we went to pick up other people from the hostel but no one was up for going out on a Saturday night. So, it was just the four of us. We went to the first club without a massive queue outside it. I guess we all had our doubts about the place. To me it seemed a bit like a chavs' place. And there were some but it was very much of a locals' clubs. I doubt we saw any foreigners. I never went to sleep that night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 81; dbt: 0.0814s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb