PATAGONIA: Torres del Paine...The most beautiful place in the World


Advertisement
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Torres del Paine
April 27th 2014
Published: April 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

PATAGONIA: Torres del Paine...The most beautiful place in the World. In Europe all roads lead to Rome...in Africa to Mto Mbu...in Asia to Katmandu...in Australia to Uluru...in Antartica to Mawson's Hut...in North America to Yankee Stadium...and in South America to the front gate of Torres del Paine. But for the latter its not always easy to get through...and its definitely not easy to get to. *... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 123, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

THE FRENCH TOWERSTHE FRENCH TOWERS
THE FRENCH TOWERS

The Walls of Torres del Frances



27th April 2014

Love the picture of the guanacos with the mountains behind...
and also the one of you and Denise with the mountains. Not knowing where I would be able to buy gas would have stressed me a bit, but you have all the luck, including the great weather.
27th April 2014
THE DANCING DUO...IN HEAVEN

THE DANCING DUO...IN HEAVEN
Wow, it doesn't get better than this--incredible panoramas, photos and meet-ups with great company! I so agree that Torres in the most gorgeous place in South America. You were so lucky to be there when the sun was shining, and the amazing sites revealed their majesty. Ok, so Glacier Grey Hosteria was massively expensive, but what a great memory--good for you for taking the plunge! Thanks for sharing what was hiding under clouds when I was there in the stormy autumn.
27th April 2014

Torres del Paine
I almost stopped reading at Yankee Stadium. Those are fighting words for most of us Americans. They Yankees are well hated by many sports fans. "The dirt road descended along a turquoise lake...into heaven. There is no prettier road on the planet. " .....and the pictures are worth a thousand words. Amazingly beautiful. We've got to get to this part of the world.
27th April 2014

Love the picture of the guanacos with the mountains behind...
Agree Bob. El Presidente is one of my favourite photos ever. Frankly I liked all of the photos...the ones in this blog just a taste as every corner had another magic shot. We just couldn't stop saying "Wow". And the petrol...very lucky.
27th April 2014
THE DANCING DUO...IN HEAVEN

THE DANCING DUO...IN HEAVEN
Wow. The Patagonian Queen agrees with my assessment of Torres del Paine. It was extraordinary Tara. As usual photos just touch on how magnificent it was in reality. I like the pic you chose...to have such a backdrop...have to pinch ourselves we were actually there! That a campsite could have views as good as La Explora also shows the benefit of going there.
27th April 2014

Torres del Paine
Gotta be careful...chose Yankee Stadium for the iconic name..."but what would I know". Guess I should have chosen Mt Rushmore or the Statue of Liberty!!! Anyway glad you got past my gaff and saw some of the beauty of Parque Nacional Torres del Paine. Many come...and some leave disappointed...all depends on the weather.
28th April 2014

Why so expensive?????!!!!!!!!
I havenĀ“t been to Torres del Paine yet. I knew it was expensive but never that expensive. Thank you for your information on how to handle things and finding better places..... I am sorry you had to experience the gas strike in Argentina. Wonderful pictures.
28th April 2014

Why so expensive?????!!!!!!!!
Chile is expensive Graciela. You must go to Torres del Paine...I am surprised ...you will be more than happy you did. With proper planning you will find it affordable. If you don't mind camping then Camp Torres could be your stepping stone to Heaven.
28th April 2014
TORRES DEL PAINE

Beautiful!
Will try to cycle up there one of these days... Keep posting!
28th April 2014
TORRES DEL PAINE

Beautiful!
Thanks Jeremy. I reckon Patagonia would blow you away...both figuratively and physically. But you would have to consider summer as any other time on the bike maybe prohibative.
29th April 2014

Don't like it!
Reading yours and Tara's blogs about southern Chile and Argentina ignites a longing nostalgia. China is about as far from there as its possible to be in the world...and I'm not just talking about distance. I never did blog in detail about our time there - just dumped a couple hundred pictures on Travelblog at the time, since our laptop succumbed to the elements. But if yours and Tara's blogs are anything to go by; the backlogging of these blogs is a particularly sweet endeavour. So to my fantasy, the only thing that keeps me sane reading these. We all go down there together for a leisurely few months living our shared memories through each others experiences and eyes. That's a blog, a book, a documentary, a movie and one spectacular adventure
29th April 2014

A blog, a book, a documentary, a movie and one spectacular adventure
I hear your pain Jason...undoubtedly brought on by the beauty of Patagonia...different travellers...different emotions. I blogged Patagonia knowing many TBers have been there...but knowing we had one spectacular but quite different adventure. Glad you enjoyed it and it pulled your heart strings.
29th April 2014

Mountains, mountains, and more mountains...
...oh, lots of cute guanacos too... What a beautiful place (it's also the only place in the world outside of Wales that has people who speak the Welsh language!)... I've added it to my bucket list but, alas, there are more places on the list than I have years to live... Thanks though for allowing me to see some of it without having to go there!
29th April 2014

Mountains, mountains, and more mountains...
Hi Mike. The Welsh have an enclave in Esquel which is a nice spot. Torres del Paine should be a definite on any bucket list...but as I say...not always easy to get through and definitely not easy to get to.
6th May 2014
GUANACOS YOU RULE

Aaaaahhhhh
This is soooooo beautiful!
6th May 2014
GUANACOS YOU RULE

Aaaaahhhhh
A photographer's dream...to get so close...the guanacos walking through me...with that backdrop. I think you've caught my reaction Lili.
16th October 2014
EL PRESIDENTE

Amazing
Love this photo!
16th October 2014
EL PRESIDENTE

Amazing
Thanks for commenting Alan. One of those rare photos of a meeting with wildlife I will always remember.
8th December 2015

Inspirational place.
Saw one of your pictures for this blog on the home page. Looks and sounds like heaven. I agree every picture has a bit of magic in it. I didn't realise how adventurous you were, really taking that risk with the gas. Inspiring trip!!
8th December 2015

Inspirational place.
Hi Chris & P. That drive down the Andes through Patagonia with Denise driving and me changing the music...wow! Meeting fabulous people on the road, alone in surreal wilderness areas, running out of petrol twice and finding Torres del Paine was the most beautiful place in the world. Inspirational indeed. Adventure is there if it is the road you make. Yep...'tis the road we definitely like to take.
3rd March 2016

The List
This was on it, now even more so. The trek? Hmm, beginning to wonder if that will happen. Arghh - tough choices!
3rd March 2016

The list
Gouge the name on your arm or leg Jo. Patagonia is full of wonders but if you can take wow wow wow...Torres del Paine on a nice day will blow you away!
1st October 2019
EL PRESIDENTE

My Thoughts about this Photo of Yours!!
Hello David, Long time no see mate; this is Kenneth, my mother and I saw you a while ago at Clarinda Street; we all ended up trying to spot Superb Lyrebirds together; you showed me some photos you took of black cockatoos which you said you had never photographed before at that location!!! I've been a bit busy, but I took another look through your gallery and find myself really loving looking at this image of yours!!! Everything about it is a pleasure for the eyes; divinely beautiful scene in the back and a most truly 'tremendously' marvellous animal in the front; what a spectacular encounter, definitely a shot of yours for the highlights reel, as this would be a one off occasion!!! Exquisitely beautifully well done on taking this photograph during a majorly exhilarating moment which is when the heart would be pounding that extra bit harder David!!! It must have been such a euphorically and 'sublimely' phenomenally beautiful, memorable, grand and beautiful day for you!!! =DDD =)))) I hope this message finds you doing 'stratospherically' breathtakingly beautifully and 'unequivocally' immeasurably specially well; perhaps one of these days I will see you at Clarinda Street again and we'll both be able to get some 'profoundly-majorly' exquisitely special photographs of black cockatoos, super lyrebirds courting and the like?!! =DDD =)))) Wishing you the absolute very best, and I wish you so 'infinitely' immeasurably specially well as well, Kenneth!!! =))))
6th October 2019
EL PRESIDENTE

My Thoughts about this Photo of Yours!!
Thank you for your comment Kenneth. This pic of a guanaco is one of my favourite pics too. Connection with my subject, place and timing all came together which I find so rare with wildlife photography. Very fortunate and pleasing for sure.
7th October 2019
EL PRESIDENTE

Re: My reply to your reply to my comment on your Photo
I'm so very glad to hear that David; I'm spectacularly happy to hear that everything came together perfectly for you and to hear that this is one of your favourite photographs!!! All the very best to you, Kenneth!!! =DDD =))))
27th January 2020

Torres Del Paine
Your trip here sounds absolutely phenomenal and your photos are phenomenal as well!
30th January 2020

Torres Del Paine
Thanks Sylvia. Gotta say by 4WD is the best way to go...freedom of movement...can stop and gawk at every corner...priceless.

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 20; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb