Torres del Paine - back to Puerto Natales - Mar 6


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Torres del Paine
March 6th 2012
Published: March 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Rewarding viewRewarding viewRewarding view

After an awful night of getting rained on
After warming up in the refugio and trying to eat a little more bread, we took off for another hike.

I should have mentioned, the most popular hike in Torres del Paine is the "W" - a W shaped trail that gives you views of the towers. Given the sicknesses and heavy packs we decided to just try to day hike what we could.

Anyway, after drying out, we took off on the southern part of the W. Our hike didn´t last long though. The previous night and lack of food had taken its toll. We decided we had seen what we really came to the park for and we may as well move on. So we dried out what we could and took the bus back to Puerto Natales.

With our cash burn rate quite a bit higher than we expected (more on that later), we tried our luck at hostel shopping and bargaining. Yeah right. They just don´t seem to care in Chile and Argentina. The place can be completely empty and they aren´t budging on price. Either that or we really stink at negotiating.

At least by shopping we ended up in the cheapest, and perhaps best, Hostel Dickson. It was about $40 for the night for a private room (that we desperately needed so we could lay out all of our wet stuff). We hung clothes, tent, sleeping bags, etc, everywhere we could and set out for a hot meal. Ravioli´s with a quarter chicken on top and a plate of gnocci covered in ground beef. Not our personal favorites but after the last few days they were delicious.

After eating we shopped around for a bus to El Calafate. It almost seems wrong the way busses are set up here. They all leave at the same time and are the exact same price. It makes no sense.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb