Torres Del Paine and the Navimag


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Puerto Natales and arranged to do a tour around Torres del Paine national park. We had an early start as it was 2 hours away. The park was very beautiful but unfortunately because of the weather we could not see the 3 famous towers until later that afternoon when the sun came out. The mountains were totally different to the mountains we had seen before. There were valleys between the mountains and glaciers on them. They were pointed and very jagged in shape. For lunch we tried peanut butter and jam (jelly) sandwiches because we were with an american guy called Kelly. They were gorgeous!!

The next day we boarded the Navimag ferry from Puerto Natales to Puerto Montt. It was a 3 day trip with beautiful views of the chilean islands and lakes. We booked the lower class cabin and woke up in the morning with the smell of cows. During the night they had boarded hundreds of cows on the same level as us. They were packed in like sardines and had to stay with us the whole trip. We asked the captain to move and got moved to a great room as it was out of season. During the boat journey Sam D was sea sick. On the boat we met a good crowd of people a german Stephan, Mija swedish, Patrick irish and Tracey from the midlands. We had a great time on the boat playing lots of drinking games, bingo and a party. We even got to see stars and the milkyway.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



31st May 2007

smelly cows poo!
I couldn't stop laughing when I read about your boat trip. No wonder you was sick. Can't imagine the pong you was getting from being right next to them cows. Dad said at least you had fresh milk on your trip. Glad you was moved though. Otherwise poor Sam J and all your friends would have been ill too. Again absolutely amazing pictures!

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 21; qc: 105; dbt: 0.0978s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb