Penguin Colony


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Punta Arenas
March 4th 2007
Published: March 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Standing GuardStanding GuardStanding Guard

We found this penguin in front of his burrow watching over his or her offspring. Penguin Facts... male and female penguins alternate every 2 to 3 days looking after their offspring. Males and females are also not distinguishable by outward physical appearance.
After arriving in Chile we took a bus a few hours south to Punta Arenas in hopes of catching a glimpse of the Otway Sound Penguins before they migrated out of the area for the winter. Not much of interest occured during our stay. We came.... we saw... we took penguin photos.

Also, at this point in time we have already done another hike (ten days in total). We will be posting information on this most recent trip as soon as we have access to a faster internet connection to download photos (this computer has a download rate of 1 photo every 25 minutes). We hope all is well with everyone.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Profile ShotProfile Shot
Profile Shot

Same Penguin... but at a new and improved angle.


18th March 2007

They're cute.
Were they friendly? Did they try and run you guys off?
21st March 2007

Travel
Hey guy's.... It's so cool to read you... Do you know where you will be in the end of April? We are looking to go and joing you.... I would of LOVE to see the penguins!!! Mel and Fredxxxxx
22nd March 2007

AWE...How cute. I want one. Do you think a penguin could survive in Phoenix?

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb