Trekking in Chile - day 1


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Puerto Natales
February 13th 2007
Published: February 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Got over the strict Chilean border(they robbed our biscuits) with graham pissed drunk making "kamakazi" airplanes on the bus. Got to Puerto Natales which is a kip. Unfortunately we had to stay there for a night to organise the trip and pick up supplies.

These few lines is just for the pictures cos what can you say about a walk really(plus im hungover).

Next we headed to the Torres Del Paine National Park. Had some breakkie and got the tent set up and team "like a fox"(ok, you had to be there!!) and Craig headed up the trek to Glacier Grey. It was tough going but the scenery was amazing(think i have said this shit before somewhere!!). It took 3 hours to get there but it was worth it. Unfortunately, although we could see it clearly(see photo) we had to turn back due to the fading light.

Got back, hit the bar for a celebratory bruskie and then tried to cook dinner in the kitchen. We then discovered the majority of trekkers are grade A ignorants assholes so we just smuggled some wine to the bar and drank our pain away. Me and GC got them back later on by screaming in the camp site for 2 hours at 2 in the morning.

And thats day 1 of the 3 day epic.......




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb