Fly from Rapa Nui to Santiago


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Easter Island » Hanga Roa
August 4th 2010
Published: August 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 4.8.2010 day 294
Fly from Rapa Nui to Santiago
We got up at 7:30 and took a packed bfast with us to Sunrise at Tongariki where there are 15 standing Moai. We took our quad bike with us and took the beach road so we could see the sun coming up all the way along it looked fantastic. When we got to Tongariki the sun was coming up over the hill not the ocean so we knew that we were not going to get the sunrise photos that we hope for, even though it still looked very nice with the sun coming though the Moai and reflecting on the hill behind. We had our bfast then headed back to town where we dropped off our quad bike and walked back to our accommodation had a shower and packed. Our hosts gave up a necklace that is supposed to bring us luck and back to the island some day she also said see you soon. It was very sweet of her. Then we got the lift back to from our accommodation to the Airport. Interestingly enough the LAN flight from Rapa Nui to Santiago was running late there is only one flight a day in and out of Rapa Nui most days do what could cause them to leave late? They arrived on time? As usually the seat on the aircraft where not clean and the air hostess were not very friendly the more I fly LAN the less I like them. We arrived at Santiago early at about 7:30pm and got a taxi to our accommodation. Then we went out to look for a supermarket and found a fantastic one right next door. It had the best fish and veggies so we got lots of stuff and went home and cooked dinner.




Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb