Farewell Sweet Serena


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Coquimbo Region » La Serena
February 4th 2011
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Dinner with the FamDinner with the FamDinner with the Fam

Leo who is visiting for a week with his wife Tere (friend of Tere), Camila and her boyfriend Peder.
Geo: -29.9008, -71.2448

We're off to a new adventure. It's always exciting, but leaving Serena was sad because we'd come to love our family so much.

Last night they fixed a special dinner for us of our favorites: ceviche, lasagna and strawberries. Then this morning, today being our anniversary, they gave us gifts and a special breakfast. It was very touching.

Tere drove us to the bus terminal and wow it's a good thing because remember the trouble we had with buses last year in Bariloche? Well here we'd bought a ticket for a Pullman bus but actually rode in an Elqui Bus. We'd have never figured it out on our own.

Tere explained: Pullman has purchased a bunch of smaller bus companies so when you buy a ticket, you never know which bus you'll be on. The day of the trip you have to stop at the ticket counter and ask specifically for the bus name just before you get on--not when you buy the ticket because heaven forbid anyone should tell you this when you actually buy the thing.Thank you Tere. We'd still be standing there waiting for our Pullman bus without you.

Alejandra (Bob's teacher at school and Tere's daughter) came all the way to the station too so she could give Bob a drawing of a cow. A very special cow all labeled by the type of meat found on each part--in Spanish. So now maybe we can order dinner a little more intelligently. That was very sweet of her.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

THE Way to Spend an AfternoonTHE Way to Spend an Afternoon
THE Way to Spend an Afternoon

Our last day in the city. We walked to the beach, rented some chairs and just soaked up the sun thinking of you poor buggers in the freezing snow. Oops. Sorry...
Packing UpPacking Up
Packing Up

We're in front of Tere's house here, packing her trunk for the trip to the bus terminal.


6th February 2011

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you are having a grand time:)
6th February 2011

Yes, Happy Anniversary! You are so blessed to have stayed with a great family.
6th February 2011

You do a wonderful job of communicating!!! Thank you for including us.Happy, Happy Anniversary. Everything cool here, we miss you guys. Continue to have lots of fun.
11th February 2011

Hi World Travelers,Didn't know it was your anniversary so happy,happy. We had book club last night,good time missed you. Where else will you be going and when will you be home? What a neat trip!!!!!!

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb