Festivities at School


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Atacama » Copiapó
August 8th 2008
Published: August 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

All last week was my school´s anniversary and thus there were lots of games and competitions between the three alianzas. The three alianzas represented the school colors: Blue (water), Orange (earth), White (air) and there was everything from sports events to a comedy show sort of thing to dances to a parade!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

66
6

this is my back yard after school... preparing things for alianza azul!
77
7

there was also dance practise going on in my back yard... that´s my sister Cata front and center.
99
9

Cata getting ready as queen of alianza azul in the show
1010
10

Joaco and Chris are classmates from my curso... don´t know the girl
1111
11

sparkly makeup for the dancers!
1212
12

getting makeup to look like he was beaten up... i was in the same skit as this kid which was an immitation of some sort of tv talk show... i came on as a ¨random¨ member of the audience with a translater and spoke in english and then my translator would give obvious wrong translations...
1616
16

cheerleaders! hahaha
1818
18

the little ones in the parade
2020
20

one of the street dogs that joined the parade stopped to cool off in a puddle... i have no clue why there was a puddle though because it doesn´t rain here...
2222
22

street dogs joining the parade (i was holding up a corner of this blue banner thing and following the float that Cata was sitting on)
2323
23

two policemen accompanied us down one of the more busy streets


9th August 2008

Fashion
your sister cata has the most gorgeous dress ever. it looks really good on her. give her my compliments, but not if that'll make me sound sketchy.
9th August 2008

not kidding!
You're not kidding about the parade! With trucks, and through the streets! Nice!
9th August 2008

response to all
thanks for all the comments :) -yes, wasn´t kidding about the parade... and it was a long treck! -i´ll pass on the compliments to Cata -ooooh don´t make me miss the beach back home! soon, sooooon it will be summer here! -i wasn´t aware i was called the polar bear...? I´m going to try to take that as a compliment though. -i certainly am having an extraordinary adventure... occationally i have to stop and remind myself to fully appreciate it, because i think i forget that i´m REALLY here, and I´m never going to have the same experiences again! hugs back to all!

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb