biking, volcanos and steak


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Araucanía » Villarrica Volcano
March 21st 2007
Published: March 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Forgot to mention that on sunday night (when i was just in the hostel, we had a bbq for 4 pounds when i ate so much meat i had indigestion, and it was absolutely sensational.

anyway, coach overnight was a luxury one (also pretty cheap with seats like beds) which was a massive improvement on the overnights so far, actually had a sleep. result.

Arrived in pucon and was accosted by a woman who wanted me to stay in her hostel (understandable), which i did, on the grounds that i had nowhere to stay. Turns out to be really nice. can see the active volcano from it. Had a shower, dumped stuff and went into town to hire a mountain bike to get some exercise (am getting a bit fat) and see some of the national park.

Hired bike and set off. Was a really really long way, and very hard work, and the back tyre had so little grip i had to walk it up some bits. sa a waterfall which was anticlimatic, then spotted a german style cafe, where i had some cake. which was nice. got back and had a sore bum.

On the way back, i was stung by a wasp or bee on my ear, which hurt a lot. i passed a pharmacy however, so popped in for a nightmare english speaking, picture drawing, bee-noise making session to get some wasp tablets. The cruel chilean woman in the shop´thought my drawing of a bee stinging my ear was so funny that she showed everyone in the shop. They all laughed at me and said things i didnt understand. I smiled and nodded and then ran away.

that evening was knackered, so ended up going for food with some girl from the hostel and getting an early one as i had booked the volcano climb for this morning.

got up today at half six, and soon after was informed that volcano was dangerous that morning, and weather was rubbish anyway, so couldnt go. annoying. went back to sleep. Today instead have done diary, nonced around the village, and sat on the beach. going back to the beach now, then got another overnight bus back up to santiago, for another day there, then fly over to bolivia the next morning at 6am to start tour. its all go here...

right, off to the beach. laters.....

Advertisement



26th March 2007

All those years of playing Pictionary finally paid off!! Cx

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb