Pucon


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Araucanía » Pucón
August 24th 2012
Published: September 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 4 Pucon a Chile Wanaka/Queenstown a small town of tourist/excursion shops cafes and bars.



That afternoon we took ourselves to the local hot pools on a local bus our Spanish is improving (slightly) much more natural than De Bretts. We encountered a quite unusual “spiritual” man who was trying to read our auras?! Apparently no one is going to mess with Rhi and Amy has come across some F*ckwit blokes in her time . . . The trip there and back was an experience in itself the bus driver taking a detour to drop something off to a mate!



Again we were unfortunate in that our volcano climb was cancelled because of the high winds and snowboarding was out as for the same reason. Not letting this keep us down we caught another local bus (with every man, women and child in Pucon who was going to work, school or the national Park like us!) Here we hiked for 4hours return up to the lakes through the snow at a steady pace to make the earlier bus to beat the rush on the rush hour one. Always eventful we were exposed to the high pitched squeals of a pig being slaughtered, but no not enough to turn me vegetarian thank God I don’t have to hunt my own dinner!!!!! We rewarded ourselves with local beer cheese and olives and ventured out into town (it was a Saturday). 5 people out in the bar!!!!!!! Apparently Friday nights the big night for the locals and of course not many travellers as it’s out of Season ah well the Tacos were good.



Before getting the evening bus to Puerta Varas we cycled to the lake in Pucon, our ability to take direction is better than we think and we only missed one turn off. This ride was really off the beaten track shared only by locals some chickens and a few dogs chasing us. We crossed the most amazing suspension bridge that was terrifying to cross on a bike yet it was built for cars, a poor dog had been hit halfway along the bridge and a car had stopped to help the poor animal, Chileans love their animals it’s heartwarming. So a 3 hour round trip with a lunch stop at an isolated spot on the side of the lake pretty phenomenal really.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb