OK, Everybody Know Their Lines?


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Araucanía » Pucón
February 21st 2007
Published: February 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Everybody Got Their Lines?Everybody Got Their Lines?Everybody Got Their Lines?

Tom Long and Mariman Falls.
We're running this falls! NOT!
Tom's looking at Mariman Falls on the Upper Trancura, above Last Laugh, both of which we did not run.
We DID run Devil's Throat and Salto Feo (well most of us). Had some carnage, some missed rolls. The previous week workouts are a big build-up to this run, as is the scout on the way in. Pretty intimidating. Though the Long Palace-Guard is always there, so you really don't have to swim (in theory.) Here are some pix from our trip, plus some glamour shots that pal Hugh Keegan took. Though ummm, his Devil's Throat shot misses the ledge thingey on the bottom and a dessert "hole-let" below it. None of it at the water levels we ran it would keep you..too long. And his beauty shot of Salto Feo shows the ever-looming Vulcan Villaricca, always steaming away in the background.

Yesterday we ran the incredibly beautiful San Pedro. Starts in a gorgeous lake, - photo doesn't do it justice.

Playboat class today in little boats if you wanted it. Morning session was at the ledge at Pescadore and the afternoon was at the bottom of Schoolhouse on the Liucura.

Some YouTubes are
Devil's ThroatDevil's ThroatDevil's Throat

Devil's Throat, (or most of it) on Upper Trancura, Chile. Photo by H. Keegan.
here:





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Salto FeoSalto Feo
Salto Feo

Another view of Salto Feo, run is river left.
Salto BonitoSalto Bonito
Salto Bonito

Salto Feo Rapid, Upper Trancura, with Volcano Villaricca (upper right). Photo by H. Keegan
Bottom of DevilBottom of Devil
Bottom of Devil

Hey, everyone's right side up again! Actually, the run is out of the frame on river right.
Salto Feo 2Salto Feo 2
Salto Feo 2

Another view of Salto Feo (Upper Trancura)
Me through the Wave/Hole Me through the Wave/Hole
Me through the Wave/Hole

Running through the wave/hole in Pescador.
Dana Surfing Ledge HoleDana Surfing Ledge Hole
Dana Surfing Ledge Hole

Surfed a lot here, though its a bit sticky with bad technique.
Jeri SurfingJeri Surfing
Jeri Surfing

Jeri Ledbetter surfing Ledge Hole in Pesky


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb