Visiting Mojca in San Pedro de Atacama


Advertisement
Published: January 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

valle de la lunavalle de la lunavalle de la luna

Valley of the Moon, located in the Cordillera de la Sal, it represents an extraordinary attraction because of its similitude to the moon landscape and its enormous natural coliseum.

San Pedro de Atacama (San Pedro for short) is a small village located in one of the many oases which are founded in the altiplano of the second region of Chile. Along this geographic zone rise some of the highest volcanoes of the Los Andes cordillera.

Formerly the center of the Atacama culture, nowadays this small town has a big importance and it is considered as the archeological capital of Chile. But it is important also because of its extreme geographic position, the beauty of the landscape and its eternal blue sky.

Due to the amazing landscape of this zone, San Pedro has turned into the start point of the touristic activity and the excursions around the region. Here you can find a big variety of services for the visitors such as lodging, restaurants, tourist agencies, handcraft, internet, post and police station... With its cosmopolitan atmosphere it's the best starting point for visiting Bolivia and Salar de Uyuni.


I went there for a few days visit to my friend Mojca, but stayed there for 3 weeks. It was so amazing I didn't even want to go home.... ever.









Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

valle de la luna& Luisvalle de la luna& Luis
valle de la luna& Luis

Luis enjoying...
sandboardingsandboarding
sandboarding

Kaja enjoying...
Pie de limonPie de limon
Pie de limon

we were all enjoying...Niamey
Pie de limon2Pie de limon2
Pie de limon2

niaaaaamey
sandboardingsandboarding
sandboarding

go Luis, go Luis... oh, yeah, you can do it even without the board!
sandboardingsandboarding
sandboarding

can't write, but i can ride a board, that's fine with me!
desierto2desierto2
desierto2

Valle de la Muerte
Valle de la Muerte2Valle de la Muerte2
Valle de la Muerte2

It's a mountainous and sandy valley near San Pedro
desierto3desierto3
desierto3

.... peace.....
horse ridinghorse riding
horse riding

let's go really slowly...


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb