Antofagasta to Santiago


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Antofagasta Region » Antofagasta
December 18th 2007
Published: December 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tiny Big BenTiny Big BenTiny Big Ben

A minature Big Ben statue that was donated to Antofagasta by the British.....but I cant remember why!
After a great few days in San Pedro we caught a bus to Antofagasta (on the coast of Chile) so that we could then pick up a flight to Santiago.

On the first night in Antofagasta we went out for dinner, finding an eat as much as you like chinese and as they were playing Oasis at full volume, Steve was in his element! We went back to the hotel and dropped of to sleep, however at 5 o´clock in the morning we both awoke as we were being shook about in our beds........it was an earthquake. Now never being in an earthquake before I was a little bit scared and rushed straight out of bed to stand in a doorway for safety. Steve who was still half dazed remained in his bed without even a hint of worry and fell back off to sleep!! Luckily it only lasted for a few minutes and there were no other after shocks but I found it a little hard to sink back off to sleep!

On the 19th we flew to Santiago and checked into a fantastic hostel called HappyHouse. It was a renovated mansion house with high ceilings and huge doors, it had been decorated beautifully and felt more like a posh hotel. We had a few things to sort out that afternoon including changing the dates on our flight to Australia. Needless to say it was not as easy as we first thought it would be....but after visiting 3 travel agents we found our way to the Quantas office and got it all sorted.

The next day we did a bit of exploring of Santiago, which as it goes is a nice city. It has lots of squares, pedestrianised streets and green parks. In the evening we meet up with our Dragoman buddies again as it was our friend, Sheena´s leaving night. So we had a few games of pool that I lost badly at followed by food and drink, of course!!

Next we were off to Mendoza for christmas.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb