Final beach destination


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
March 18th 2013
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -23.2251, -44.7148

A beautiful jungle headland with unlimited beaches and coves and warm, calm water was our last destination, conveniently situated a few haours from Rio and Sau Paulo for the flight back home. The guest house was newly built, spacious and friendly not far from the beach. So all perfect so far, except for the weather! We arrived in torrential rain and woke up the next morning to more pitter patter. Finally it stopped and we were able to walk around for a while without umbrellas, but it drizzled and then poured again before the day was out. Liz and Helen managed swims and walks on the beach before and in the rain and we pottered round gift shops in the old town and cafes to keep dry. It was misty and dull, but real jungle weather, and the vegetation was lush, with colourful flowers and mangroves swamps. Not the perfect sunny end to our trip, but typically Brazillian none the less.

So that's it - we just returned from our last Dinner in Brazil (maybe the best, probably the most expensive), tomorrow we will be away from here at 10am for the 4 to 5 hour drive to Sao Paulo airport. The car has to be returned by 3, the flight leaves at 5:15, arrives Heathrow 7:15 next morning. The taxi is booked to take us home. It's been great - so many memories (some already forgotten), it will all come back to us as we review the photos (well over 4000) and bore everyone to tears about how wonderful it all was.

Our next trip starts after Easter - a week in Dorset! No blog!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb