Blog Entry #1


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
September 13th 2013
Published: September 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What is the current political structure/government in this country/region? Who has power, and how do those in power interact with their people?

Theme: Civilizations undergo POLITICAL state building through expansion and conflict. Conflict leads to new political structures.

Brazil is a federal republic made up of 26 states and a federal district. The federal government is made up of the legislative, executive, and judicial branches. President has 4 years in office with another possible 4 years if re-voted when elections are underway. In Brazil they have 81 senators, three for each state. A senate term=8 years. There are many parties that are represented in congress, such as: Brazilian labor party, Brazilian social party, Democrats, Communist Party, etc. The president has power of the country, and next is congress. Brazil is part of the U.N. Brazil partners with the U.S, Europe, and others for primary trade.

I can conclude that the country of Brazil in some ways can compare to the ways of the United States. For example, with elections, presidents here and in Brazil get a four year term with possibility of re-election for a total of eight years. Also, they have democratic parties like us. They are involved in the United Nations. This tells me that Brazil and the United States can function in government similarly because they have some of the same regulations in regards to specific things such a presidential terms, senator terms, political parties, the federal government, etc.

Link to Article I used to answer the first question : http://globaledge.msu.edu/countries/brazil/government

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb