Ilha Bela


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
December 9th 2004
Published: December 9th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Ilha Bela - Here we Come !! Ilha Bela - Here we Come !! Ilha Bela - Here we Come !!

From the ferry boat to Ilha Bela
As well as spending most of our time in Sao Paulo we have also visited Ilha Bela. It really is a wonderful island and we enjoyed 3 weekends at the Conde de Mar pousada just chilling , swimming , eating and drinking. The island has sandy beaches, atlantic rainforest and impressive mountains. It was great place to relax and take it real easy !! I think the finishing touch was having birthday bbq for Dan in the middle of a tropical rainstorm - cooked by Serge (the owner of the b&b) who deservedly earnt the title of BBQ king after cooking the best bbq ever in less than ideal conditions !!
We learnt two valuable lessons in Ilha Bela , 0ne - always wear insect repellant wherever you are going , whatever you are doing , even clothes do not protect you from the local mossies !! And the other lesson that Ilha Bela taught us was that the Brazilian sun will still burn you even when it is cloudy !!!!
But for now our time in Brazil comes to an end - in a few days we´ll be in the Bolivian rainforest !!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Enjoying the Good Life Enjoying the Good Life
Enjoying the Good Life

Gina taking it easy at the Conde De Mar !! Hammocks are the greatest invention ever !!!
Swimming Swimming
Swimming

It really is a tough life !!
Dan and the BBQ King on the 28th.Dan and the BBQ King on the 28th.
Dan and the BBQ King on the 28th.

Serge (the BBQ King) not only cooked a bbq in a tropical storm - he also used to be the right winger for Santos (Peles old team) - RESPECT !!!!
Its My Birthday !!!Its My Birthday !!!
Its My Birthday !!!

No more alcohol for you !!
Its My Birthday !! Its My Birthday !!
Its My Birthday !!

Go on then - one more !!


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb