The end of our stay in Brazil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
January 11th 2008
Published: January 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a short flight from Rio, we got to Icazçu Falls. We stayed in a nice hostel with a pool, which was handy as it was 40 degrees and very humid. You can see the Falls from both Brazil and Argentina, but the better views are from the Argentinian side so we decided just to see the Falls from there. We went on an orgainsed bus, to make it easier getting through the border with Brazil and Argentina. There were lots of different Falls and they were all fantastic. It was quite refreshing getting wet from the spray as it was so hot. It was a long day but really good. We spent the next day sitting around the pool, and in my case getting a bit sunburnt!

We decided to go to a beach resort called Saquarema, so after a short flight back to Rio we got on a bus. There wasn´t a great choice of hostels, but we found one right on the beach with a pool, in the neighbouring resort of Itauna. It did however cost almost as much as the place we stayed in Rio on New Year´s Eve.

We spent the next few days by the pool, reading, sun-bathing and eating out at the few restaurants in town. Mandy and I also got the first of Chris´ birthday presents.

So after a few days relaxing it was back to Rio, to catch a 3am flight to Santiago in Chile.

On the health front we are all now OK!!!!!

Love to you all

Tina





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb