Brazil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo
January 28th 2007
Published: February 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sao PauloSao PauloSao Paulo

Our terminal at Heathrow airport about to board the plane.
After a week and a half we were finally on our way to South America!! We arrived in Sao Paulo full of excitment and happiness to have finally made it, only to discover that we had arrived in a giant Ghetto. To Sao Paulos credit, it was the middle of the night and we were staying in possibly one of the worst areas in the city (Thanks STA) so perhaps this hindered upon our views of the city. We only had one day in the city, and after being ripped off and forced to pay 100 dollars by a scary taxi driver it is fair to say we were ready to leave. Here are a few photos from the view of our hotel and from the safety of our taxi on our way out of the city, as we were too scared to take the camera out at any other time! We have since been told that the area we stayed in and the places we visited were not the main tourist areas and that there are infact some very nice areas. Perhaps we will venture back one day and check them out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Sao PauloSao Paulo
Sao Paulo

The view from our hotel room.
Sao PauloSao Paulo
Sao Paulo

The view from another angle..
Sao PauloSao Paulo
Sao Paulo

A church blocked by a lovely wall taken from the taxi.


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb