Who understands Portugese?


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo
January 17th 2007
Published: January 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The flight to Buenos Aires took 5 hours more or less, alot better than the 50 hours by bus it would have taken. BA is a lovely city, very big but still retains a great atmosphere and feeling. The restaurants, food and entertainment were all excellent, we managed to watch a Tango show one evening which was very good. It has great transport so you can get everywhere easily and despite the heat of 35 degrees or more it was a very intersting and enjoyable place.
We visited Eva Peron´s gravestone and the Museum of her which was very interesting, I never knew she was so influential and helped so many people. We stayed in BA for 4 nights and then left for Puerto Iguazu at the northern tip of Argentina, for its famous Iguassu Falls. It was really hot and humid now so we made sure to stay somewhere with a swimming pool. We relaxed in the pool for the rest of the day after the 17 hour bus journey. The next day we visited the falls and were very impressed by them, there were a few different walks so that you could see them from different views but all were impressive. I think it says they stretch 20 or 30 km wide??

We left Puerto Iguazu the next day and crossed to Foz do Iguazu, the Brasilian side of the falls, I managed to book a bus to Sao Paulo that same day, but I knew straight away that things were going to be different. People didnt speak English, OK I accept that but they didn´t even really speak Spanish, now I was in trouble! I had to resort to pointing at things. Although Portugese and Spanish may have similar words they really don´t sound at all the same, the pronounciation is so different and so when Brasilians talk to me I have absolutely no idea what they are saying, not even a clue! So now we are in Sao Paulo and everything feels very different, I suppose I was getting too comfortable with travelling in Spanish speaking countries anyway!

Next stop.... a beach!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Iguassu FallsIguassu Falls
Iguassu Falls

Puerto Iguazu
Iguassu Falls againIguassu Falls again
Iguassu Falls again

Puerto Iguazu


19th January 2007

You'll just have to come home and go to Evita!!

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb