World cup - round of 16 first game Brazil vs Chile


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo » São Paulo
June 29th 2014
Published: June 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

in the morning we decided to go to the markets in search of a decent breakfast with real eggs. We boarded the metro and headed for Sumare. when we reached the markets we found a similar scenario no breakfast as we know it so it was empanadas and coffee. The market was a little smaller than we expected, but the surrounding shops were open so there was enough shopping to satisfy everyone. I tagged along with one solitary thought, is it almost time fir the game yet, as shopping and i are not the best of friends. Finally it was time to find a place to watch the game.

We headed toward Villa Madaleina where we heard there were many people celebrating the world cup. As soon as we reached the vicinity a fire cracker exploded about 50 metres away from us but the noise made everyone jump. First thoughts were, what have we walked into. There were thromgs of people everywher. The streets were cordoned off and there was a party atmosphere. We ducked into the first restaurant that was showing the game to seek refuge from the crowd.

The game was tense and the locals were becoming restless as tge game wore on without a result. Luckily Brazil beat Chile on penalties and the tension was relieved. After the game we headed home via the matro with sore heads and in jovial spirits.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb