Let the Sanboarding championships begin!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Santa Catarina » Florianópolis
January 30th 2009
Published: March 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

SandboardingSandboardingSandboarding

Boucs giving it a go!
Arrived in Florianopolis quite late, due to traffic, so when we finally checked into the sunset hostel, our rooms had been taken, so we had to sleep in the TV room, which was OK I guess. The receptionist there orders a mean pizza - we had a pizza each and just fell asleep in front of the TV.

Woke up the next day, had a wicked breakfast (they have a toastie machine!), then decided to go to Joaquina beach and try our hand at sandboarding. All I can say is that we're pro´s now!

There were so many beaches in Floripa, probably over 40 and we must have visited over 10 of them, our favourites being Barra da Lagoa, Joaquina and Costa da Lagoa which you need to take a litle boat to get to it.

The Sunset Backpackers Hostel was in Praia Mole which is another cool beach, and the hostel was great. Junior the owner was really hospitable, they hosted great parties and BBQs, and you could even use their equipment for free ie surfboards, umbrellas and other beach toys.

Lagoa town had a few bars and night spots which were pretty cool. We noticed
SandboardingSandboardingSandboarding

My turn!
most of the restaurants served these prawn platters for 2 persons, where you get about 4 or 5 different prawn dishes to share - we had to give it a go!

Floripa was also where Boucs and I encountered our first acai.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

FlorianopolisFlorianopolis
Florianopolis

One of the beaches
FlorianopolisFlorianopolis
Florianopolis

The view from Sunset backpackers hostel
Sunset Backpackers HostelSunset Backpackers Hostel
Sunset Backpackers Hostel

Junior - one of the best hostel owners on this trip!
Sunset Backpackers HostelSunset Backpackers Hostel
Sunset Backpackers Hostel

The caparinha maker!


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb