Drums in the Deep - Maracana


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro
October 7th 2006
Published: October 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

MaracanaMaracanaMaracana

Before the game - not a bad backdrop!
Awsome.

Rolled up to watch Fluminensi Vs Sao Paulo.

Stadium holds 80-90k we think and although there were only 5-6k at the game the atmosphere was quality. The drums and singing started and didnt stop till the end - excellent.

The footie itself was very good, containing everything you would expect from the Brazillians. Knocking the ball out from the back, Bravenbour-esque centre halves overhead kick clearences. Caskey-esque keepers straying outside the 6-yrd box.

Sao Paulo are currently top of the league and expectant winners so were a bit stunned when Flumi went ahead. Sao Paulo finally won 1-2.

After the footie a few of us went for a Churasscaria - all you can eat meat feast! These are very popular here along with the Kilo restaurant where food is weighed. The meat is amazing and we all had the meat sweats that evening and developed a disliking for daylight and some fangs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

ScoreboardScoreboard
Scoreboard

I could pretend the meter ran out but it didnt, I just didnt have it on night time setting (doh)
UsUs
Us

Not the best photo!
AboveAbove
Above

Had to throw the camera quite high to get this one.


Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 86; dbt: 0.0791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb