Jungle Beach


Advertisement
Published: October 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Vodka BusVodka BusVodka Bus

Very civilised - Adie, Rowley, Hannah and Kate sitting in original formation.
Decided at the last minute to go with a group of young travellers (and Rowley) all from the European Union ;-).

These explorers are Kate and Hannah, Rowley and Adie denoted here in their original pairings ;-) (I am so funny!). We all met at the hostel and left on the Sunday for ´Jungle Beach´ thus forming Team Jungle.

Anyway, a very civilised 2 hour vodka fuelled bus ride later we arrived at Casimiro de Abreu to look for someone called Ralph who would take us up to Jungle beach. Whilst some of us relaxed with another vodka and a game of keepy-up, Kate Hanna and Rowley bargained haggled and arranged our taxi to Jungle Beach. The account of the taxi ride itself is probably worthy of low budget horror film - I have never seen Stacey so keen to swig vodka. We arrived in the dark to be met by Anthony (affectionatly known as Junglebeachman) and his family who were extremely welcoming and friendly.

Woke up in the moring to find a splendid rolling river on our doorstep. Jungle beach provides a tranquil setting and immediately we began to relax. We had (freshly picked) cinammon tea before our day trecking through the jungle.

In the afternoon we had a hydro-massage in the river and swam (actually we held on to a rope to avoid being swept away) between steam roo sessions.

Anthony is a very interesting character and without doubt the most 'anti-American´ American we have met. Anthony worked many years in the business world before finding his haven at Jungle Beach. Whilst there conversation coverred all manners of topics, the central themes throughout were; America, oil, capitalism, America, slash and burn, greed, America, future, bad, water-wars and America.

Steve (not me Hanna, the big-guinea-pig Steve) provided much entertainment throughout the visit and was the source for much Aide-paranoia about being tapped on the shoulder.

Anthony also made us understand that most of the word problems can be cured by use of herbs and planting trees.

In all seriousness Anthony is a very nice chap and is passionate about the environment. The lifestyle he seems to lead is based on basic values and appreciation for nature which works well for him.

The waterfalls, treks, nearby village and horseriding all added to quite a special experience which left us all feeling fully
Junglebeach TeamJunglebeach TeamJunglebeach Team

Catalogue poses - Rowley, Adie, James, Stacey, Kate, Hannah
reborn and ready for some naked tree hugging.

Alternatively we could all go to touristy Buzios for some alcohol and meat...


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

RiverRiver
River

Just in case you werent sure
Team -1Team -1
Team -1

Featuring Anthony on the left.
Team -1Team -1
Team -1

No Adie in this one; bulking up in Jungle Gym
Local SpiderLocal Spider
Local Spider

This little fella almost dropped onto Adies shoulder
Swiss ChaletSwiss Chalet
Swiss Chalet

Interesting buildings in the local village. Swiss were here to start coffee plantations...long time ago.
RowleyRowley
Rowley

Is that Steve behind you?
Refreshing BathRefreshing Bath
Refreshing Bath

At the bottom of a 150ft waterfall - most invigorating
We love a good viewWe love a good view
We love a good view

Apparently from the top here you can see Antartica* *This section is not true


24th October 2006

Take me with you!
James - you seem to be meeting a lot of hunky men ;-)

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 86; dbt: 0.0708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb