It's Party Time


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro
March 1st 2006
Published: March 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I'm having a few problems getting photos uploaded to this blog, technology is letting me down, so I'm going to publish it with the few photos I've got up and hopefully will add some more once technology improves so check back in a couple of days and keep your fingers crossed.

Rio was fun, great fun, hard work all that partying, but we definitely "did" Rio in the week we were there. Here it is in pictures:

The Red and Black Ball

Originally a fund raiser for one of the Rio football teams, now just an excuse to get dressed up (in black and red), party and generally have a good time. Kicks off around 11 at night and we were home and tucked up in bed by 5.

Rio - The City

Did some touristy stuff, up Sugar Loaf Mountain and Christ the Redeemer for some panoramic views across the city. Recovered from the partying on Ipanema and Copacabana beaches, bit overated, but better than Brighton. Ate tons of ice cream and spent too much time in the all you can eat buffets.

The Sambadrone

Highlight of Rio for me, 10 hours of the most amazing floats, costumes and dancing you've ever seen. Our crew kicked off the entertainment with bleachers volleyball (until we lost the ball) and then it was over to the professionals.

Being a Brazilian thing it started at 9 in the evening and was scheduled to run until 5 the next morning, actually started around 10 and we left at 7 and there was still a whole Samba school to go. However, by 7 the sun was up and the impact of the lights and fireworks were definitely being lost and it had just started to tip it down with rain.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



14th March 2006

Sour grapes
Five days in France sounds a bit tame doesn't it. Glad you had a good time
14th March 2006

Wow!
I love the gold spikey photo - it's amazing. Wish I'd been there!!!

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb