Hello Rio!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro
March 18th 2007
Published: March 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Christ The Redeemer (From The Air)Christ The Redeemer (From The Air)Christ The Redeemer (From The Air)

Photo taken from inside the chopper during our helicopter ride over Rio.
Well, one week has already flown by here in Rio, crazy Rio De Janeiro!

Having a ball so far. The highlight, well which to pick so far, on Jeff´s 30th we took a chopper ride over the city and around the crazy Christ the Redeemer statue, it was crazy crazy crazy! Copacabana beach is aweome, great vibe and the locals really like to show off! It has been good to get some r&r, spent the first few days sleeping for like 14hrs each night… sad really. But finally settling into things.

The brazillian people are an interesting bunch, very outgoing and confident, love to have fun and party, love their pastries, love their music and samba. But there is a definite divide between the rich and the poor, which is really sad. Brazillian night life is out of this world, I suppose it complements their daily life.

Tommorow we are off, somewhere in Minas Geras ?sp? state, to check out the old colonial towns before heading back to the coast, should be good.







Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Copacabana BeachCopacabana Beach
Copacabana Beach

The famous beach as seen from sugarloaf mountain.
Christ The Redeemer (Up Close)Christ The Redeemer (Up Close)
Christ The Redeemer (Up Close)

Looks a little menacing from this angle.
Favela BoyFavela Boy
Favela Boy

Young boy living in the largest favela (slum)in South America, Rocinha.


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb