Rolling Stones


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
February 18th 2006
Published: March 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

As we (especially Ran, my flight partner) wanted to 'lizrom' and make as little plans as possible, we did a reservation only for the first night.
What we didnĀ“t know, was that on the following day there was going to be a free concert by the Rolling Stones in Rio, so all the hostels / hotels / pausads were overbooked.
After some time we finally managed to find a really lousy apartment, and the owner made us pay for 2 nights.
We rented it with a couple of israeli girls, and Tom from England, who has been traveling for 2 years.
The best thing that I can tell about the appartmnet is the interesting stories Tom has told me.

At evening we tried our luck and went to the concert.
Besides us, 1.2 million people also tried their luck, so it was a little bit ( (-: ) crowded over there, and allot of balagan.
We only saw the screens on which the concert was displayed from a distance, but we did hear some music,
so I can say I was in a concert by the Rolling Stones in Rio De Janeiro!
On our way back, a great crowd suddenly came running from one of the streets, all snoozing like crazy, and we got separated from the girls that were with us.
When we came nearer we felt an awful smell coming from over there,
and later we guessed that the police must have spilled some kind of tear gas down that street...
An appropriate continuation for the great start of my trip :-)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 91; dbt: 0.0936s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 11; ; mem: 1.2mb