Food


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
February 22nd 2006
Published: February 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

In Rio now after a long but surprisingly awesome bus ride. Although I could not understand the movies, they were constantly playing, and the company provided a few treats and water for the ride along with a blanket and head phones. Aside from the baby that decided to scream at 4am (I have no way to confirm because I don´t have a watch), it went by really quickly.

The apartment that we have in Rio is on the 8th floor with three bedrooms and three bathrooms conveniently. The shower is the best shower that I have had on the trip so far with great water pressure and hot water. Yeah, I know it´s 30 degrees all the time and there is no reason to have a hot shower, but damn do they feel good.

For the most part so far we have just sat around drinking, watching the Olympics and getting the 1 dollar freshly squeezed fruit juices from the place across the street. The beaches are exactly like you would expect: gorgeous girls in skimpy outfits and guys playing soccer. It´s quite something.

Highlights so far include the Stones concert which we shared with over a million people and a soccer game in the largest stadium in the world apparently. As Jord said the Stones concert was crazy, and I was quite surprised that there were no real altercations. The people had a great game to see who could hit the police officers on their towers with beers, and the people who decided to go on other people´s shoulders.

Finally, tonight we went out for dinner at an all you can eat place that costs about 15 American dollars. At the buffet is a varitey of sushi, salads, awesome cheese and some deli meats. The waiters bring french fries, rice, onion rings, and other fillers to your table in attempts to fill you up. The key is to avoid all that junk. On top of all of that are waiters that just bring around various red meats including veal, steak, ribs. I doubt I could actually name all of them. We ate, then ate, then ate some more. It´s weird switching back and forth between awesome meats and a variety of sashimi and rolls. By the end I even cut out the rolls to avoid the rice. If they cut up the meat on my plate I would have felt like a king. Simply amazing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.285s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 73; dbt: 0.2097s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb